Happy Valentine's Day!


February 15, 2010

I know I'm a day late, but Happy Valentine's Day anyway!  On Saturday Noah came over, and Katie and I had decided a while ago that we wanted to make some sugar cookies for Valentine's Day!  So we told Alice we wanted to bake with Noah, because he LOVES to be in the kitchen helping in any way he can.  It's like he is 3 going on 13...he's so smart!  I love it when he comes over to visit.  We were frosting our cookies that night, and he asked Katie and I, "Hey girls, (imagine in a NZ accent...it sounds like guhls :) ), do you love me?" We both immediately told Noah how much we loved him, and he then responded with "I know." haha.  He cracks us up.  We then asked him if he loved us, and he said yes! So I can count Noah as my Valentine, right? haha. Just kidding.  It's kind of nice actually, New Zealanders do not really celebrate it at all!  Not that I am one of those people who strongly dislikes the holiday, because I do love it!  I love that there is a day to celebrate with the people you love!  It would just be much better to actually have someone to celebrate it with!  haha. But that will come...one day :)  Here are some fun pictures of our cookies that we made!  Can I just tell you how much I love that my social life consists of decorating sugar cookies on a Saturday night with a 3 year old? I love it! haha.  No worries about who is doing what, feeling lame for having to do homework on a weekend...none of that in New Zealand :)







Alice has this HUGE collection of cookie cutters...we picked out the heart and cut out the majority of the cookies as hearts, but we also had Noah pick out some cookie cutters.  We had a pumpkin, an umbrella, a football (or rugby as he called it), a train car, a handprint...quite a variety! :)


We had a few extra hearts and couldn't decide what else to write on them...so I personalized one!
Can you read it?
 MB + KB 4eva
haha. I love you and miss you Mekelle and Kyle! And I love our weekly skype sessions!



It had been a long day on Saturday and was so fun to end the day decorating sugar cookies.  And I used mom's amazing recipe...man they are SO good.  But I had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  It was my first day at Pomaria Primary School!  It was wonderful.  I am so excited to work with Mrs. Renee Stockenstroom (Mrs. S) and her Year 3/4 class.  They are all so sweet.  And I am proud to say that after just the second day, I have all the names down!  

Whenever another teacher asks me who I am working with and I tell them Mrs. S, they tell me how awesome and hard-working she is.  I know I am so lucky to be working with her, and that I am going to learn a lot over this next six weeks.  

Tomorrow night is Meet the Teacher night!  And I get to be one of the teachers! I'm pretty excited :)




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE CAN MAKE EASTER SUGAR COOKIES TOGETHER AGAIN...you have no idea how happy this makes me!!!!
miss you! love you!
abby

Post a Comment